Friday, January 24, 2014

Fact Fiction Friday ~ Heading to India


Continuing our new and regular feature here at Historical Fiction.  

Each Friday we will publish an historical fact based upon the date. Each fact will be accompanied by a book(s) title and perhaps a review or other snippet.







The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri24th January 1857 ~ The University of Calcutta was founded as the first University in Asia. Today there are two books to accompany the fact. First is The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. This book I read back in 2005. From my brief notes I enjoyed it as it made my top ten of the year!

The Fishing Fleet: Husband-Hunting in the…The second book is a book I read more recently, I think back in 2013. I recall being excited to read it, and the book was good, but it could have been so much better. That book is The Fishing Fleet by Anne De Courcy

No comments:

Post a Comment